Thread: Home and Auto The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 08:36 AM   #2417
Resident Glue Sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac459 View Post
From what I can gather, he was coming up to a T intersection and for some reason didn’t stop. Blew straight through the intersection and went off the top of the T into a wooded area. He was dead by the time any help arrived.

We had ridden that road together quite a lot, so I’m not really sure why he didn’t stop.
Damn. that sucks. Hate to think it was equipment failure.

It sucks when that happens / not knowing 'why'. there was a popular rider around here that was always at bike nights, always saw him out and about. everyone referred to him as Top Hat because he would ride with....a Top Hat.

heard through the grapevine he went down and died; on the ramp to EB K10 from NB K7. Weeks later, I was driving by for an unrelated errand, and saw a small cross and a top hat affixed to it. Sort of the similar situation as your friend; where the cross was (assuming that's where he ended up), it appeared he just went straight off the curve of the ramp to EB K10. My gut says he likely was in the 3rd lane (which ends up being the exit lane) and maybe wasn't paying attention, thinking it was just a 3 lane hwy; then the lane / ramp curved, and off he went. I heard he crashed after like 10pm so it was dark. But, the dude rode everywhere around here, so it's hard to imagine he wasn't familiar with the area/roads. Maybe he was distracted; hopefully it wasn't a drinking and riding scenario (I don't even like to speculate on that). But I have no idea.

It was just so odd / didn't make sense how he crashed. just straight off.

ride safe out there.

Last edited by Dayze; 09-23-2020 at 08:48 AM..
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote