View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 11:04 AM   #193
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepp View Post
Getting to a fast mile won't take long if you're only running one. However, I think you'd see more benefits in cardio and dropping fat/weight (if that's your goal) by doing fartleks. Run a fast 400m, then rest for a minute, repeat.
I actually I'm not interested in losing weight although I'm sure it would happen. I'd like to lose a little body fat, and since I'm not lifting at the intensity I used to I would probably lose weight anyway. My primary goal is to not keel over dead from a heart attack and increase my good cholesterol. I have absolutely no good cholesterol, but no bad cholesterol yet. I also have very high lipids for someone of my size or any size for that matter, which is a little worrisome and I hear is a possible precursor for heart disease later in life.

I'm 5'10.5'' and 185 lbs. I've been 5'10.5'' and 185 lbs ever since 2003..but I carry alot more body fat now.

Would fartleks help add some fast twitch muscles? I'm getting back into golf so any small increase in fast twitch muscle fibers in my core or legs would help swing power even if negligible. Could be a nice secondary benefit. You always see sprinters with massive legs.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.