View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 10:04 AM   #188
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I have a question about running. My girlfriend has been working out 5 days a week, following some fitness videos by Autumn Calabrese. She doesn't run, but she's been getting cardio in for a few months now. I'm a piece of shit when it comes to cardio. I lift with some free weights in my basement about once a week and do some pull ups here and there. That's it. I haven't ran more than a block for about 12 years since college.

Well we decided to go run a mile. I didn't think I would be able to do it. I was really worried I Would have to walk 90% of the way but I was very surprised I was able to do it. It took me about 9 minutes and I did walk towards the end a short while with her as she couldn't keep up but by far and large I ran it. Felt pretty invigorated after and once I rested a 15 minutes I was motivated to do some grunt work around the house, cleaning, organizing etc. Endorphins I guess.

How long would it take a normal person to get down to a sub 6 minute mile? How hard is that? I know in high school I used to run the mile in 5 min something.

Do you mean for one mile or do you mean for like a 5k or 10k? If you mean just one mile, it's doable. Maybe 6 months or a year, depending on what kind of shape you are in - if you really tried, stuck to it, and were able to force yourself to go true all out for 6 minutes.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.