View Single Post
Old 07-08-2020, 11:14 AM   #62
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
Thanks to reputable reporting, I do have some idea. It’s not ironclad but I rely on reputable reporting to give me some idea of what’s coming down the pipeline.
Where was the "reputable reporting" when it came to Mahomes contract?

There's been NO reporting on Chris Jones because there's been nothing to report, yet it doesn't stop you from constantly speculating.

Quote:
You do the same — you cited reporting that the Raiders offered the most to Clowney. (By the way, the reputable reporting I’ve read disputes that and cites Cleveland as the highest bidder, and that teams as of now have largely rescinded their offers as they’ve grown tired of Clowney’s intransigence.)
That's because multiple news outlets have run stories on Clowney's situation, including the Browns, Seattle and Raiders offers.

No one has said anything about Jones other than there's nothing to report.

Quote:
Just throwing out a name that could be an equitable player ina player-for-player trade. Sub another name in as you please.
And it makes zero sense to do so.

The Chiefs aren't looking to replace Jones with another player who's worth $20 million per year. If they're not going to extend Jones, they'll want draft pick compensation, i.e., cheap labor, in return. They're not looking to add another player that's going to max out their cap and flexibility.

Quote:
There has been some ballyhooing since Spags arrival that Jones is an imperfect fit in the scheme. I agree that he is, but he’s so damn talented it doesn’t matter, which is why I’d pay him.

But we know Spags is a stickler for what players on his DL should look and how they should play. And if he thinks $20m could be better spent on a player that “fits” versus a player that imperfectly fits, who knows.
Complete and utter nonsense.

Quote:
Any deal the Chiefs ostensibly sign Clowney to would be a one-year, in my mind. I could go on but I’d only reiterate what Duncan has said throughout the thread.
And as I've said, there's no way Clowney signs for $10 million at age 27 when he's passed on $18.5 million per from Seattle, another team that was a few plays away last season from the Super Bowl.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.