View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 08:21 PM   #73
Bring it on Ahab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Agreed

You're starting to sound awful preachy here

Theres no need to drag everyone with varying experiences from various eras, into some debate about who holds the high ground on this issue

Is it right or wrong, should it be tolerated in modern society? all I can say is that dishing it out didnt suit me... but its also probably not my place to tell someone else how to parent, provided they're not leaving scabby welts on a 4 year old
I think spanking is lazy parenting. You're not really addressing the core of the misbehavior and instead just using violence to get compliance.

That said, there's about a million things worse than spanking a kid. Abusing a kid with a switch until he's covered in bruises and blood from his knees to his belly button INCLUDING on his nutsack would be one of those million things. it's a damn muddy issue. There's whipping a kid who needs whipping and there's cruel abuse of power over a child. Where that line should be drawn is NOT something universally agreed upon.
WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.