View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 09:54 AM   #40
"I'm with you fellers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRichard View Post
I had my truck in the shop a few weeks ago for some unrelated stuff and they told me the lower ball joints were bad on my truck. I suspected something to that effect as I was getting the jumping around in the wheel and driving when I hit a pot hole or bump.

They didn't mention the upper ball joint on the control arm but since I have the entire thing tore apart anyway would you just go ahead and replace it? I have to replace the entire control arm if I do. It doesn't look horrible that I can tell but I ain't the best at diagnosing shit. If I watch some videos though I am great at tearing shit apart and putting back together. I just don't want to have to do this again anytime soon.

What say you?
1- avoid potholes
2- upper ball joints are above the lower ones
3- I would only replace it if it needs replaced it costs more to replace for some reason than if you don't replace it
4- rotate the air in all four tires, that front air has been tuned to hitting pot holes, now that your not going to hit them any more it just will not drive right.
5- Blinker fluid is optional as are muffler bearings.

See, now you don't have to watch a video !
Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.