View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 08:28 AM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
Been stewing on this a little more lately cause Andy was talking about the importance of OL and DL in his presser yesterday.. made me think they probably really do wanna keep Jones.

But as much as I love him and believe that you have to win the LOS, you gotta have competent coverage to make that work. Otherwise QBs just negate your DL by getting the ball out.

Might be one of those deals where they trust Spags, Madison, Merritt, Badger, Thornhill to get young and/or cheap DBs up to speed and let the scheme do most of the work back there.
I think this exactly.

Jones has been playing scheme sound too, this last half-season, which was my only complaint about him.

He's the best DT in the NFL not named Aaron Donald. He's versatile, you can play him in or out. He and Clark make a stud duo when healthy.

CB is the most overvalued position salary-wise in the NFL. Mediocre corners get a ton of cash. You gotta draft and develop there.

IF your front 4 is bad-ass, it covers a lot of sins. With this coaching staff and the veteran leadership of Matthieu back there, I think we'd be okay.

I think you have to let Fuller walk. Hitchens June 1. Watkins, too.

You can re-sign Jones.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.