View Single Post
Old 12-22-2015, 11:49 AM   #874
MVP

So I made the best "soup" ive ever had. Not sure if a bisque is a soup or not, but it is in my book. So, I made a shrimp bisque. Buttery, smooth, very shrimpy. I made a shrimp stock with the shells after I cleaned the shrimp, and added it to the party right before the cream. Pureed it all with an immersion blender, then added some cut up shrimp to add some bites of shrimp in with all the smooth creaminess. I used corn off the cob to help sweeten it, and some creole seasoning, which is what I sprinkled on the top at the finish as well. It was freaking amazing.

Saute onions, celery, corn (fresh), garlic, salt, white pepper, creole seasoning, and chopped basil in butter/olive oil mixture
Add diced tomatoes and shrimp stock (made from boiling shells).
pour in cream and simmer
Add cut up shrimp and simmer 10 minutes
Use immersion blender to bring it all to a creamy consistency
Add the cut up shrimp and simmer 10 more minutes.
Sprinkle some creole seasoning on top to taste.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1327.JPG
Views:	650
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	111342  
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.