Thread: Life The bee keeper diaries
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2019, 07:25 PM   #278
Supporter

I spent last night and part of today building bee traps and put 3 out. I've been mouthing off about them for a couple of years here, but they are strapped into sound locations, scented with old, smelly comb and some lemon grass oil. The tree in the pic has had bees in it at least since the 80s. That is one reason I think this is a good spot.

I put one close to my office and I'll check the others each week and report back when I get anything. If I don't have anything in a couple of weeks I'll make adjustments to their location.

...and yes, half of the shit in my shop is broken
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0656.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	118308   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0657.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	118309   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0659.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	226.4 KB
ID:	118310  

Last edited by Iowanian; 05-11-2019 at 08:19 PM..
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.