View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 10:10 PM   #95
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
I feel like I'm there, I was there before Covid and feel like it's worse now. I legit have no motivation to do anything and I know I'm pessimistic and not fun to be around for the most part. If anyone wants further stuff I can deep dive but I need some advice because I feel like I'm stuck in the wallow not to escape.
Hi ��

You’re not alone. I’ll give you two examples. First is gaming. I’m 28. Not sure if you game a lot but for me, when I do and play the same games over and over again I become so tired and bored of them I literally just find 0 happiness from playing games, even though it’s above and beyond my favorite hobby. Sometimes when I take some time away from the games I find myself coming back and enjoying them, but I’ve found I don’t receive that same gratification and happiness that I once did/found. I may be getting older and changing and it may be the same for you as well.

Second - my real life. I have a wife and a child. Sometimes I feel like I’m so burnout from the same day to day activities that require my attention and workload. When I’m asked to do things or when I want to do things, I feel tired and lazy to want to do them in the first place. What I’ve found helps me is being selfish with my time in these moments. When I’m super tired and drawn out, I pour up a nice glass of something hard and rent a few movies. When yard work or something of similar substance requires my attention and I cannot deal with it, I take a step back, pour another drink and think about projects in the future I will want to work on after these projects I’m dreading are done.

“My most important Opinion” Between u and I OP, I used to even be burnt out from my family. My own child and wife, can you believe that? I took the steps that my personal self needed to figure out what I truly wanted in life and I found it. I now cherish my wife and child. I even want a bunch more children! I stopped looking at the girls on the beaches with the fine body’s and whatever else, and appreciated that this woman was willing to spend her life with me, and my child looks up to me as if I’m god. It made me so happy to feel that appreciated even though 90% of the time I never see it because of what I am requested and required to do in my daily life.

I don’t know your age, nor your circumstances so it does make it difficult to give you the best advice possible ( and I have many friends that come to me for it) but one thing I live by is, never be the glass is always half empty kinda guy, always be the glass is half full and that’s ok guy. People want to be around you more, you love yourself more, and things just start to gravitate to you more and that burning out feeling you’re feeling starts to fade away.

We all burn out from time to time, it’s completely normal, you’re not alone in that regard nor are your loved ones, or surrounding citizens. Just remember, life is what you make of it. If your feeling burned out about something in particular or just in general, find out why. Does this make me happy or sad? Whatever the answer is take the necessary steps to steer that answer into the resolution you would desire.

If you have any questions about how to keep your spirits up, please feel free to ask. My wife was raised and brought up to constantly question everything, ridicule everything, and to put it bluntly, unjoyful to be around. After many talks and discussions she learned to enjoy the little things and focus on the good, and not the bad, and That’s what I think is most important. Are you burnt out? Ok that’s ok! What do you feel like doing instead now? Take up a new hobby? re connect with loved ones? Take up cooking from YouTube? Life is about celebration, we all get burnt out from routine!

I hope this helps, I’m on my phone and damn is it hard to properly type on this thing. God bless brother, or sister?
TripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote