Thread: Life Sleep Apnea...
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2023, 08:25 PM   #25
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
The trick to not having sleep apnea is not being obese. Biggest factor usually

Excess weight creates fat deposits in a person's neck called pharyngeal fat. Pharyngeal fat can block a person's upper airway during sleep when the airway is already relaxed.
So, size is a factor, but not an indicator for sleep apnea.

I have had sleep apnea for a very long time.

I had sleep apnea when I weighed 138 pounds in high school, and I had sleep apnea when I was older and weighed 250 pounds.

For me, and literally thousands upon thousands of people like me, my bottom jaw is slightly back, making the opening of my airway very narrow. There is nothing that can be done for it.

Some people with this issue can make it with a mouthpiece that pulls the jaw slightly forward, but that doesn't work for me.

So, there is no trick to not having sleep apnea.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.