Thread: Other Sports The Fishing Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2021, 06:16 AM   #2879
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghak99 View Post
MDC recently released a massive amount of Walleye into waters all over the state. Large numbers of them even went into lakes that they were not previously in but already possessed very good habitat for them.

I'm really looking forward to enjoying that in a few years, but am a little worried about what it might do to one traditionally very good crappie hole.
I fish Lake Meredith in the Texas panhandle and they restocked the Walleye a few years back. People are catching plenty of Crappie out of there. Wednesday I caught about 30 Walleye but they were all small. About 14 inches. State regulations allow you to keep 2 under 16 inches, also caught 3 huge crappie and a nice sandbass.

In case you don't know ,when fishing for Walleye they'll be on the bottom. The go to lure is a fluke with 1/4 ounce jighead here. Just let it hit bottom and slowly bounce it back, several times I'd set my rod down after casting out to pick up another rod with live bait to check it and when I'd pick it back up there'd be a fish on, Was catching them in 20-30 feet water.

BTW, Walleye has gotta be some of the best tasting fish there is.

Last edited by Hog's Gone Fishin; 06-04-2021 at 06:26 AM..
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote