Thread: Movies and TV HBO: True Detective
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 11:34 PM   #193
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewChief View Post
The god damned T bone Burnett soundtrack may be the best part of an excellent show. Lucinda's "Are you Alright" when Ruston goes undercover ad starts transforming is nails.

In super interesting sideline: I work with a Ruston Cole who was a former hardass cop. Wears a ponytail and looks like a biker. The writer of this series went to college in our town. I asked "Russ" if he knew about the series and he said tons of people have been asking him if it's based on him. Said as far as he knows he never met the writer during his time in Fayeteville.
Does that Cohle have a nihilistic worldview too?

Although I'm not sure Cohle is as much of a nihilist as he lets on. He's displayed morality and a concern for justice at times throughout the series (in that last shootout, for example, he went out of his way to protect children). It would be interesting to know what he was like before his daughter's death and how much that experience formed his cynicism. Since the investigation in 1995, he's also seemingly gone even further down that path.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.