Thread: Home and Auto EV Cars/Trucks
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2022, 11:29 AM   #48
synthesis2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
Perhaps some of us are fine with our old vehicles and don't want a new car payment.
I agree to each there own for sure, I guess my point was that its not just a fun car to drive but its very cost effective.

I don't know what kind of car you have but lets say you have a car that gets 20 miles per gallon ( again I have zero idea what you have) and you drive it 500 miles a week, again just a wild guess. if you buy standard unleaded at $4.50 a gallon, call it $112 per week for gas or $400-450 a month in gas. Then you add in maintenance per year of $1000-1500 a year in oil changes and other things that EV does not have to deal with. your average per month to drive a paid off car would be around $500-600 per month vs. $30-40 per month is electricity to charge. No oil changes, just a tire rotation which set up back $40. Say a Nissan leaf with 226 miles per charge with a net under 20k with tax breaks.

So if you say you can get a good range EV for 20k, and your monthly payment is $250 per month wouldn't you think you would come out ahead each month money wise compared with a paid off car? Again if you don't drive much it does not matter but it the above senerio it would seem to be looking through the googles of no monthly payment but paying so much in gas and maintenance vs. a car payment but so much less is power that you come out $150-200 ahead each month.
synthesis2 has disabled reputation