View Single Post
Old 10-04-2019, 09:37 AM   #34
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Just in general, the refs were WAY too aggressive for my taste. The interference calls were weak. I have no idea how Lucic gets tossed. I have no idea how Z gets a major for standing there and getting punched in the face. It was all just weird.

Hopefully it's just the refs trying to make a statement early.
Guess I didn't catch the instigator penalty... the TV said they both got a 2 minute and 5 for fighting. Getting tossed is a bit much for stopping play, but at the same time, I don't mind them doing something about it. On the hit, the guy turned into the boards at the last second.... I can still see why Lucic was pissed, but take it up after the whistle, at least.

And as you said, Zadorov was just standing there until Lucic punched him in the face with his gloves on, then bear-hugged Lucic so he'd quit punching him in the face.... no clue how that's considered fighting.

Quote:
(NOTE 2) The Referee is provided very wide latitude in the penalties which he may impose under this Rule. This is done intentionally to enable him to differentiate between the obvious degrees of responsibility of the participants either for starting the fighting or persisting in continuing the fighting. The discretion provided should be exercised realistically.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=25010
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.