Thread: Movies and TV Justice League (2017)
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 06:27 PM   #129
Stay positive, don't give up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
This article from Slashfilm confirms everything I was told last weekend. That's not surprising, considering my source but it's confirmation nonetheless.

---
We’ve heard about the Joss Whedon-led reshoots for Zack Snyder’s “Justice League” being used to change the film’s tone, but now two new reports suggest more serious changes to the narrative are afoot. The first comes from Slashfilm which indicates that the film’s original ending, which would have seen Darkseid’s arrival on Earth, has been scrapped. When “Justice League” was planned as two films and when the DCEU’s future was mapped out, this made sense.

Now though, it’s viewed as an unnecessary cliffhanger and so has been dropped. On top of that, the first film’s villain Steppenwolf has been beefed up with Robin Wright’s “Wonder Woman” character being brought in to participate a flashback shedding more light on Steppenwolf’s origin and the threat of Darkseid being downplayed. A common theme to reports are that the reshoots are more extensive than originally suggested, but a bigger surprise is the one from Batman-on Film.Unlike various rumors in the past which come from anonymous redditors, this is the editor of arguably the biggest DC film news fansite on the web.

Commenting on the Joe Morton quotes from the other day, they say:

“I can confirm that everything Mr. Morton said is spot-on. The Cyborg character was altered quite a bit during the reshoots. Also, as I’ve been saying since June 2nd of this year, the JL reshoots and the resulting changes being made to the film are significant. These reshoots – which are still taking place – are not standard pick-ups/additional photography. Why? Apparently, an early cut of the film was deemed ‘unwatchable’. Thus, substantial changes to the film were ordered. With all that said folks, I’ll say again what I’ve been saying for quite a while now: I 100% believe that Warner Bros., Joss Whedon, and all involved are doing everything they can to make JUSTICE LEAGUE a good film.”

“Justice League” is not slated to hit cinemas until November 17th, but even so it sounds like it will be tinkered with right up until release.
This is crazy... unwatchable?? I hope these reshoots make it a solid addition to the dceu
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.