Thread: Movies and TV Justice League (2017)
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 07:44 PM   #127
Cheaterlover*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
So, tons of movie news today. A good friend just got back from the set of the Justice League reshoots and said that more than 60% of the film has been re-shot. Apparently, Joss Whedon has been laser-focused and the film has a much different tone that what was originally shot by Snyder. He didn't say if DC was phasing out Snyder but kind of hinted at it.
Not necessarily a bad thing. I like both directors but Snyder tends to take himself too seriously (hence the gloomy tone of many of his works). Whedon has the opposite problem: he can add a lot of humor but sometimes it's forced and doesn't work. But I think the directive from on high was definitely to make this a lighter film, given the success of Marvel and the lack of success of "BvS", and maybe with Snyder out of the way the studio just decided to sneak a little more work in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
This is going to be a fascinating movie.

So much behind the scenes drama

The 2nd trailer makes it almost seem like it's 'Wonder Woman 2' at the beginning
Really not a surprise, if Whedon had anything to do with it. Not only is he famous for "Buffy", IIRC he wanted to do a "WW" film years ago and the studios wouldn't give him the chance. So I guess he can be forgiven for boosting her up more. Which also makes sense, given the recent success of her own film, the fact that women are a huge demographic, and that Flash and Cyborg are kind of boring and Batman has already been worked to death to the point that he's now as much a caricature as Supes is. The only other interesting person in this film will be Aquaman so I wouldn't be surprised if he steals the show (especially if he has his own film forthcoming).
JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.