View Single Post
Old 11-23-2014, 08:13 AM   #1524
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
Heh, I search this thread roughly once a week to see if I've been roasted. So that is why I am just now getting around to acknowledging this roast. First let me say: well done!

Frankly, going on my guy instinct I figured we were in legend territory by now and that the chances of me cracking the top 20 were remote. However, had I created a model that considered 1)post count, 2) longevity, 3) general likability, 4) distinguishing characteristics (my all-things-quantifiable shtick) and 5) the same characteristics of posters roasted so far, I would have projected myself as still having a 53.7% chance of making the top 20. This serves to illustrate the superiority of quantitative methods over gut instinct.

I'm shocked and honored to come in at 19. That puts me in the top 0.16% of all CP posters.

Now to play a little defense. I don't quantify every aspect of my live. Only 19.4% of it. I keep a permanent repository of my playoff projections so any one can evaluate them on their own. Unlike those jerks at Football Outsiders who erase their predictions after every week. My hair density is in the top 32% for my age. Slight receding hairline with absolutely no male pattern baldness. On the other hand, I am in the bottom 20% among males over 20 for facial hair follicle density even though the growth rate of what whiskers I do have is within one standard deviation of the mean. So I've never had a goatee and shave every work day.

Finally a word about Sandbox Simulations. Believe it or not, it is near and dear to my heart on a daily basis. Unfortunately, my current job responsibilities are making it impossible to spend the time on it needed even to run the two beta leagues, let alone to do any new development. Over the next few/several months, my work situation should clarify to the point where I can either spend more time on Sandbox --or-- Rain Man and I will have to figure out an alternative business development strategy.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.