View Single Post
Old 09-18-2020, 08:37 PM   #6077
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Maybe one can likely earn a higher return by investing, but it's not guaranteed. Paying off a mortgage is a 100 percent return on your loan rate, and it's guaranteed as a long-term return since it lowers your debt over the life of the loan. It also helps to guarantee that you'll never end up homeless, which brings significant psychic benefit, and it diversifies your wealth.

You obviously want to have some liquid savings, and you want to maximize your IRA, but the mortgage comes after that.
We have 50% equity on the house so the mortgage payment is super low now. Paying $100-200 extra a month wouldn’t hurt us and helps in the long run I think. I already max my ROTH IRA. Good points.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.