View Single Post
Old 12-22-2017, 09:48 AM   #1938
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Just saw this on Birdios.....
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Carlos and Marcell crossed paths many times - sharing a training complex during Spring Training, at the All Star Game, and even at charity events. It was seemingly meant to be that Carlos and Marcell would become friends... and Ozuna eventually a Cardinal. It was something Carlos and Yadi had even joked with Ozuna about at the 2017 All Star Game, per Ben Hochman of the St. Louis Post Dispatch:
“Carlos and Yadi had joked around with me — ‘We’re going to bring you to the Cardinals!’” Ozuna recalled. “They’d joke around back and forth. So the nervousness went away when I thought of those little exchanges with Carlos and Yadi. If I’m being traded, at least I’m being traded to guys that I know. The anxiety and nervousness went away.”
Everything always seems to work out in the end. It is funny how that happens.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like he may have a chance to be happy here and we can resign him. We have the money to pay Ozuna his next contract. If he has a season in 2018 at 85% of 2017. Whats the new deal going to cost? Does he get $300 million?

We still need another bat. Thats another $200-$400 million. Thats still just a 1/3 of our new cable money. Are my guessing numbers correct?
No, he won't approach $300 million.

I'd say something in the neighborhood of 6/$132. And he won't get anywhere near that at '85%' of his 2017. A .785 OPS ain't gonna get ya paid.

If he stays in the 4-5 WAR range, he'll get something similar to what Upton just signed with a bit of a kicker for inflation. He's not getting a 10 year deal and he's not getting anywhere close to $30 million in AAV.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.