View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 09:49 AM   #1209
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
Anyone know anything about cooking venison. My SO brought me some from someone he works with. I know nothing about how to prepare and cook this meat.

I vaguely remember trying a little piece of venison when out visiting former in-laws in Iowa who hunt. It was in a stew and it vaguely remember it tasting gamey.

Any recipes welcome. FMB is the meat expert maybe he knows a thing or two.
The backstrap/tenderloin is amazing and can really just be sliced into steaks and grilled if you're dealing with a doe or a younger buck (small 8 point and below).

The sirloins aren't bad but I'd recommend you soak them in milk for a bit to undercut that gaminess a little bit.

What I tend to do with the sirloins is to cube them and marinate them in Tryme Tiger Sauce. Then I wrap them in bacon and grill them to medium rare. It's an outstanding little appetizer.

Chili and tacos are a go-to with ground venison. Jerkey works with the roasts. For the rest I just find a good processor that will make me some jalapeno cheddar snack sticks out of it. Good stuff.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.