View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 03:33 PM   #296
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
In an odd coincidence, I just watched the movie last night for the first time. I'd wanted to see it in the theaters but never had the timing right to do it.

I agree on Cliff versus Rick. If you completely took Rick out of the movie it wouldn't have made a negative impact. Cliff was the interesting one. In fact, the movie was coming close to losing me during that big extended filming scene in the middle where Rick was on the set of the western.

I also don't get Tarantino's love of ridiculous violence like the flame thrower use. I don't think it added anything and it took me out of scene because it was so unrealistic. I'll admit that I did laugh at Cliff slamming that one woman's face against every single thing in the house, though.

I'll comment on the ending in a spoiler in case someone hasn't seen it.

Spoiler!

It’s another film in QTs revisionist history catalog. With a hyperextended reality.

Similar in Vein to Inglorious Bastards and DJango Unchained.

It’s what QT wishes how things would have ended up.

It’s what he does. Every movie he’s made has his own version of reality. You either run with it or you don’t.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.