Thread: Left Tackles
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2024, 12:16 PM   #317
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
You'd literally need him to fall to 8 or 9 and then you're talking 2 1's...and some change like a 2 or a 3 and a 4 etc.
One of the greatest competitive advantages that come with having a Franchise QB is that you NEVER have to make a move like that.

You don't have to give up 2 full drafts for a single player. You don't have to tank an entire season.

And the surest way to piss that away is by doing it anyway.

You just don't make a move 20+ places in the first round when you have a quarterback. Honestly, even for Marvin Harrison Jr it wouldn't make much sense. The only way you could even justify that is if you think the guy is Julio Jones and is going to go out there and destroy creation in week 1.

And I've not been that confident about a WR ever. Even Julio didn't have me that hot and bothered. Maybe if Megatron 2.0 was in the draft but even then you've seen guys that measure like Calvin did and they still aren't Calvin Johnson.

I just can't see a scenario whereby it made sense. If something catastrophic like a Mahomes injury happened and we ended up drafting 14 or something - sure, move some major assets to move up from 14 to 5 and get your blue-chipper.

But the cost to move up from 32 when teams already mark your future picks down by virtue of your relative dominance of late is just WAY too prohibitive.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote