Thread: Computers Word Press Website
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 11:16 AM   #9
Supporter

Hey guys, thanks for the responses. My apologies, but I don't think I was clear in the thread starter.

1. I need a simple website that has a picture of me, a brief bio and link to IMDB, along the ability to stream songs of my choosing in different genres.

2. iPage offers tech support for people like me that know nothing about building a Word Press website. That support is $150 for 30 days and can be ended at any time. Once the site is completed, I cancel the support and only pay for web hosting (which is prepaid already for 4 years).

3. The site can be built from a template. It's basically an extension of a Business Card. If I'm out and meet someone in the industry and they ask what I do, I can give them my card, which has my website url and email address, so that they can check out my work and credits. The site itself isn't intended to attract clients via a Google search.

4. The only maintenance I'd expect to perform on the site is swapping out tracks and updating the bio. For example, if I score a new Microsoft commercial, I'd want that track on the site, a link to YouTube and a note stating that I scored the latest commercial.

5. The $150 isn't an issue but would I be better off just hiring someone to create this simple site or is it worth my time to learn how to create and update on my own without paying a 3rd party individual? It's a business expense, so it's no biggie but is there value for me to actually know how to do this on my own?

Thanks again! The info is greatly appreciated!
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.