View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 06:37 PM   #73
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
I blame the whole cancel culture sprung from social media. People have been calling for Cherry's head for years. He's a very polarizing character.
IMO - He represented the "old school" Canadian hockey mentality. Sure he'd call players "chicken Swedes", "bums" or "jerks", but he also did a ton for junior hockey, player safety, animal rights, etc...
He makes a poorly stated comment about supporting veterans, and because it could be construed as being anti-immigrant, he's fired.
I also think Sportsnet has been having some financial difficulties and this was an easy way to get rid of his contract. (They gotten rid of a bunch of older, more expensive, personalities over the past year).
All he had to do was say, "I didn't intend to single out immigrants. Sorry for the confusion." He refused to do so, so it kind of is what it is.

I kind of feel like he was just tired of it and didn't really care if he got canned.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.