View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 03:29 PM   #37
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
For the most part teams will grant permission for their assistants to interview elsewhere unless said assistant asks the team to 'run cover' for them and deny it if they really don't want the gig.

I mean with both Hewitt AND MacDonald behind Martindale, surely the Ravens wouldn't outright deny permission to speak to either one of them. Now to be honest, I'm not sure MacDonald would bring us anything that Mike Smith couldn't (I really like Smith) but that'd be a pretty bad look if they just bury all their assistants from even interviewing. I'd absolutely request to interview them both and make them tell me no.

Then lets hear the NFL talk about how they can do more to advance minority opportunity in the coaching ranks.

Make. Them. Say. No.

But Andy won't. Because he's getting himself locked in the same vicious cycle that ended his last tenure. Lord...I'm really not looking forward to the rumors in about 2 years that he's going to take "a more active role in personnel decisions" should our defense not make exponential improvements.
What makes you like Smith? He hasn't really shown anywhere that he's much for the DC spot here IMO.

I just don't know man. Guys look terrible elsewhere, then go somewhere and are good. Martindale is an example. He was ass in Denver, then has this legit d in Baltimore.

You being a MU fan can probably comment on the Colts DC whose name escapes me at MU. Wasn't he awful there?

What the hell changes for these guys?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.