View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 11:45 AM   #186
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I don't fully understand the "stock 2 weeks of food" advice I keep seeing out there. I'm not terribly worried about DoorDash and grocery delivery getting shut down, and if they do, it'll be a lot longer time period than 2 weeks.

I suppose it makes sense if you don't live in a place that has those kinds of services and you don't know anyone who could go shopping for you. Otherwise, seems a bit alarmist to me.
If schools/workplaces close, I’d prefer not to deal with the lunacy of shopping etc that I’m reading about in Italy (no bread, supermarkets closing, lines extending outside stores, etc). I got my shopping taken care of Thursday (stoked up on noodles, rice, etc).Yesterday I went to pick up prescriptions for gma and it was starting then. King Soupers was out of Clorox wipes, masks, and hand sanitizer and the employees said they didn’t know when they’d be able to restock. Doordash is an option, but I think I’d prefer dealing with it now than dealing with it when things get to that level.

FTR, none of this is intended to be alarmist. I’m treating this like I would before traveling a month out of country (Nepal, Kenya, etc). Funnily enough, the country that gave me most anxiety to travel to was France due to the spur of the moment riots (often violent) happening at the time. My concern is always more to do with running into the human/media driven hysteria and doing what I can to be prepared now rather than later.

Last edited by Chiefspants; 03-01-2020 at 12:08 PM..
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.