View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 08:55 PM   #242
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlurking View Post
Not only was your answer condescending, it was wrong. Just because I don't like Tom Cruise and don't understand why others are fans of his bland and boring performances doesn't mean I don't know what action movies are.

You did not explain anything I did not already know. What shocks me is that you still don't see that. You jumped on "cringe comedy" based on a single word in my statement. Cringe comedy has nothing to do with it. I don't dislike the Mission Impossible series because it is "cringe action", even though Tom Cruise is (IMO) annoyingly cringe worthy. (Full disclosure: I've never actually watched the MI series, so it may actually be a new genre of "cringe action".)
I see that you seem to think you understand cringe comedy. But I also see that you seem not to understand basic grammar [psst, now I AM being condescending. Congrats, you earned it].

If you type "I never understood the love for Curb Your Enthusiasm' the rational response from someone who loves Curb Your Enthusiasm is to interpret that as a request for insight into the reasons for said love. Particularly in the field of comedy, as the quality of comedy is inherently subjective.

You didn't say 'I know what LARRY DAVID is trying to do, but I still don't like HIM.' You said 'I don't understand why multitudes of people love a show.'

That is your failing, not mine.

And responding to your clear expression of confusion [which of course you intended to people to interpret as the exact opposite] with a polite detailed explanation is not condescension.

And there's no need to continue to be shocked. I knew you at least thought you knew what you were talking about when you first said you did and accused me of condescension, which was pretty much right out the gate.

Last edited by Baby Lee; 09-14-2017 at 09:14 PM..
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.