View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 11:53 AM   #29
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallflagg View Post
I absolutely agree. Unfortunately, a lot of guys here don't remember the "fun time" BEFORE Marty and King Carl.....Yeah, they had their unfortunate circumstances, but those two brought KC Football back to absolute relevance. A Phoenix, risen from the ashes of Memorial stadium.......

When those two got here, I was thrilled to death. Finally getting rid of the "good old days"..

I wish Marty would have made it to the big dance, but damn, the ride was fun!
Unfortunately for Marty, he was successful in Cleveland and KC right as the Tecmo Bowl phenomena crashed into Gen X video game kids everywhere.

There are people my age on this board that have zero connection to KC other than Christian Okoye, Derrick Thomas, and Marty Schottenheimer on those early NFL video games.

We don't remember the "fun times" before Marty and without that context, the playoff failures became the "fun times" for us.

It's also not Marty's fault that he left probably a year too late and Carl didn't go with him. The feeble attempt to prolong the Marty years by hiring Gunther was more than a lot of us could stomach.

It's really hard for me to remember the Marty years fondly. The disappointment of being "so close but yet so far" is just so strong and I was a young boy then.

That being said, I have a newfound respect for Marty thanks to Andy Reid and the dark Herm/Pioli days that came before him.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.