View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 09:33 PM   #2423
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianChief View Post
Anyone here have any experience using a pellet smoker? I’m wanting to get into smoking but I want something simple that I can run overnight. I’ve heard pellet smokers don’t infuse enough smoke into the meat or have a hard time maintaining a consistent temp. I’ve looked at a few different Traeger models but haven’t pulled the trigger because a lot of the reviews with complaints about the temp swings.
Pellet grills are easy to run and maintain temp. But there can be hot spots Around the heat diverter if it’s a big piece of meat.

If you’re looking for an easy overnighter I have a master built electric rig that is reliable and easy as hell. It’s not as good as charcoal Q but it’s a damned fine facsimile. And on my end it isn’t worth the extra effort.

If you are a hardcore charcoal dude, thermoworks makes a product called Bellows that automatically controls the bottom vent on a Webber kettle. I have no idea how it works, I don’t know anyone that has one but it’s out there.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.