View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 11:41 AM   #2420
Veteran

Did a brisket this weekend, but I flubbed it a bit. Was about 19lbs, so I was anticipating nearly 23 hours needed to finish it. Put it on at 3pm Saturday at 250, and then wrapped it in butcher paper at about 11pm because I didn't want to burn the edges and didn't want to be up all night spritzing it.

Ended up getting to 205 on the monitor at 6AM, much earlier than I was expecting. I pulled it and had to hold it at temp until around noon (when I was planning on it being dinner) and when I sliced it 6 hours later it was moist and tasted fine, but was falling apart and not the texture I was hoping for.

I am guessing that hot holding it that long was my problem....and the butcher paper wrap must have changed my timeline a lot. I haven't ever used that to wrap before...I was thinking it would be more like an unwrapped cook since it can breath some instead of a texas crutch...but I guess it is both.

In hindsight, wish I started the cook at midnight.
allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.