Thread: Mock (12/11)
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2019, 12:20 PM   #13
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Well I damn sure don't give a 4th for Edwards. And why are you looking to layer Ward if you've retained Breeland at $7 million/season? Ward's been our best CB without much question this year.

I'm damn sure not giving Cobb any money and see no reason at all to pursue an additional OLB with my 2nd rounder if you've re-signed Ragland when Wilson's been more than credible in his role. Off-ball 'backers that aren't MLBs aren't getting drafted that high anyway.

I agree that re-signing Jones makes life hard across the board, but that's exactly why I wouldn't then also use my first 2 picks on guys that I end up using as backups (especially when I think you reached on Hall exclusively because you were overly focused on a CB) and my 4th on a fungible RB.
So I disagree on a couple of things.

First, I need a productive RB who can take the yards he's given. Other than MAYBE Thompson, we don't have that and I don't have the draft capital to spend to get a RB. Gus Johnson ran very well last year for the Ravens but got boxed out with Ingram. He's also cheap.

I don't know what you mean with "layering" Ward but we have him under contract another year while Breeland is set to walk. Breeland, I think, can be a cheap 2 year contract, which makes him cheap in 2020 and less so in 2021. We can sign Ward if need be in 2021 which would make him cheap in 2021 and less so in 2022 (and possibly beyond). We've also got a 1st round CB to rotate into the mix since we'll be running three of them a ton. I also like Rashad Fenton so all in all I think retaining Breeland and burning a 1st on CB keeps that position Top 12 in the NFL, with Top 6 potential if the 1st rounder pans out.

Ragland I've got on a one-year deal, because I like insurance on the 2nd rounder. I don't use the draft to plug immediate holes when I can avoid it. And I think off ball LBs are more valuable now than they've ever been. We drafted DOD in the 3rd (for all the good it did us....).

I know people would hate on Cobb but he has been functional in Dallas. And he's cheap.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.