View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 12:38 PM   #27793
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
I wonder how often this statement (or ones like it) were made about the Chiefs from 1989-2017.

Is it bad that I have been so conditioned by Chiefs play-not-to-lose game manager QB's that I at least commend Jimmy G. for attempting that throw? We've had so many QB's who I feel would have checked down even when seeing Sanders to "play it safe". It reminded me a lot of (what I remember) of Trent Green - he missed the throw, but hey - at least he took a shot (a small comfort for Niners fans, I know).

Jimmy did hit two of those throws against the Rams (on two 3rd and 16's, on very similar plays), one of their wins that gave them a bye week in the playoffs. I still think the Niners are always going to have an uphill climb if they can't count on Jimmy G. to win the game for them, but he will at least win some games with his arm - which is something too many of our past QB's were unable or unwilling to do.
I believe this fanbase would have been just fine with Jimmy replacing Alex. In a world where Mahomes doesn't exist for us. SF would be champions if Mahomes wasn't the opposing QB.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.