View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 08:33 AM   #77
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybec 4 View Post
Man DJ, I know you want them to win but your standards are ridiculous. If hitting .073 with a .270 OPS isn't good enough for you then you will never be happy.
I audibly laughed when I saw his box pop up and the .270 OPS.

I mean that's a god-awful OBP. It's a solid BA if you're a guy who plays GG defense (and to Scott's credit, he's close in that regard).

But a .270 OPS is just staggeringly awful. And I'm not seeing anything to suggest it's bad luck. Even that RBI he had yesterday was a ball he mis-hit. Thompson's sitting there saying "Hey he let the ball get deep in the zone and took it the other way..." like hell he did. He just swung under the ball and it flared out. That was no sort of opposite field swing. His front shoulder flew open, his head came off the ball. It was bad swing and he got lucky.

Meanwhile Adolis Garcia, Randy Arozarena, Tyler O'Neill and even Lane Thomas could all be in the All Star Mix.

Anyone know if Jordan Walker's hit a ball in the air yet this season? Still can't believe they sent the guy to AAA to work on his swing, he openly defies them ("I'm going to keep doing what got me here") and then they brought him back to STL anyway because of fan unrest. Wonder of wonders, he's still hitting the ball straight into the goddamn ground.

This organization just doesn't know what the **** it's doing at any level.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.