Thread: Movies and TV Star Wars: The Mandalorian
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 06:47 PM   #1036
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
She was from Dathomir. That's the planet that was Massacred, again by Grievous. It's part of the character description that has come out after the episode.

I don't know how I (and apparently everyone else on the web...) missed it both times last weekend, but the garment she's wearing after she takes her cloak off is clearly the same maroon Nightsister wrap we've seen depicted both on Clone Wars and during the appearance of the Nightsister during Fallen Order. The marking on her forehead is also a Nightsister marking. I think the thing that threw me is that she isn't grey skinned. But it's clear in retrospect what she's wearing.

And as I recall most of the Nightsister's don't use the Force as Jedi use it. They cast spells and invoke ancestor spirits through rites and rituals.
The only confirmed info about Elsbeth came directly from Ahsoka:

Morgan Elsbeth. During the Clone Wars, her people were massacred. She survived, and let her anger fuel an industry which helped build the Imperial Starfleet. She plundered worlds, destroying them in the process.

The hairdresser's now deleted Tweet mentioned her being from Dathomir but she's clearly human and not a hybrid like Maul, who was Zabrak/Human.

Ahsoka at this point is somewhere around 45-50 years old and her Force powers have most certainly grown in the past several decades. Now that Sidious is dead, the "Veil of the Darkside" has been lifted, so if Elsbeth was a Force-User, then Ahsoka most surely would have sensed it in some fashion or another.

The other issue is that their fight scene is completely devoid of music of any kind. The reason why this is significant is because every single character of importance in the Star Wars Universe has their own musical theme or Motif, from Luke to Leia to Yoda to Vader to even people like Ezra, Kanan and Ahsoka, which we heard when she was first introduced in this episode.

But the usual darker sounding Motif that's accompanied characters like Vader, The Emperor, Darth Maul and even Grand Admiral Thrawn (the Baroque sounding Pipe Organs) is missing when Elsbeth is onscreen.

Maybe she was a Nightsister but it would make for a very strange story arc for that to be revealed later because what would be the point? And why wouldn't Gideon or Thrawn or whoever else is charge use her blood, which would certainly have a high "M-Count" if she was a Nightsister, for their experiments?

I really can't even think of an example of when the narrative of a film or TV series would be so poorly written that a super villain's identity would be hidden, even after that super villain had been killed by the hero of the story.

"Oh yeah, by the way - Tony, that guy you just killed? Do you know who that was? That was Thanos. Yeah, I read it on the internet".
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.