View Single Post
Old 08-31-2020, 11:48 AM   #1598
Hockey Town

And I just came across this..hopefully this isn't what we are subject to forever...

Cleveland really messed up a core of Kluber, Bauer, Clevinger, Bieber, Lindor and Jose Ramirez. Decided it was better to sell parts with two top-10 hitters and three top-15 pitchers.

If you aren’t going to supplement that? How can you ever win it all?

I’ll tell you how: Teams like Cleveland are hoping to luck into a World Series title with a perfect season where all their prospects hit and they make a marginal upgrade or two that pays off big.

They win, then they turn around and deal everyone expensive and start it all over.

Basically, even if you build a tremendous young team that wins it all, it won’t have sustained success. That’s a fallacy. The team has no incentive to add $$$ if it won cheap. And can cash in on a win while selling off expensive guys.

Anyway, these 5-6 year long rebuilds used to sold as “this will set us up to be a perennial winner.” That’s not happening. If you’re cheap, you stay cheap.

One more thing and I'm done here, I promise. Why do we accept Cleveland has to have a low payroll? Are we really blaming small market when they have the second-richest owner in the AL?

That is scathing is pretty accurate honestly.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.