View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 08:55 PM   #206
Deus ambulans inter homines

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
First thing, you think John Dorsey didn't see Mahomes' talent? Seriously?
Don't get me wrong, Dorsey had flaws, but he brought alot of talent to this team. Kelce, Hill, Mahomes, Fisher, Jones, etc etc etc. He also brought a lot of talent to Cleveland in his short stint there.

I do not give Veach credit for Mahomes. Just because he was in the chain of command to the area scout doesn't mean I give him credit for it. The ultimate decision to pull that trigger was John Dorsey's. Dorsey will always get credit for that, always.

I liked Veach's draft last year in retrospect. Thornhill was a great value, Saunders proved to be a solid rotational piece as did Hardman. All we got from 2018 though was Nnadi, really. So, there's obviously proof he isn't perfect either.

You liked Gay coming into this, so obviously you're going to like the pick. I don't fault you or anyone else for seeing the positives in the kid. The athleticism is absolutely as good as it gets for a LB. But, he hardly has any collegiate experience or production, some of that his own doing. You question how smart the kid is and if he can learn the position based on that. Would I support the pick? Yes, I would. I just don't support it at 63. I think you're looking at a guy that's probably 2 years out from being an impactful player unless House can unleash some magic with him. Maybe he does, but I doubt it. It's not like we're a bunch of idiots looking at this and haven't seen this all go down before. There was a DE that Tampa took a handful of years ago who's name slips my mind right now that is a really similar comparison and he flamed out.

As for knowing more? No, I've never proclaimed to know more than NFL scouts. I put some level of faith into the process and system, but that doesn't mean I won't have my opinion. Same as you or anyone else. You talk all offseason about prospects you like and prospects you don't like. A bunch of people here do. Doesn't make any one of us more knowledgeable than the other or better than the NFL guys. But you know what, there's a good majority of us that would do pretty well winging it from the couch over some of the GMs in this league.

I'm willing to bet that if I put you, Rain Man, Pugs, Bosschief, SNR, The Franchise, Mecca, a couple others I'm forgetting at the moment, and myself in a room we could be a whole lot better at this than Bob in Houston and we don't have half the info that moron does.

The very fact that some ****ing pleabe on this board calls a person out as "not a fan" because of stating a strong opinion against this pick is ridiculous. I'm definitely a fan. I'm a guy that pounded the table all year long in 2017 for Mahomes and was ecstatic when it happened. And then, there have been guys I've pounded the table for and been dead ****ing wrong. Phillip Dorsett comes to mind. I thought he would be what Tyreek has come to be and he's a far cry from it. I'm wrong as much as the next guy, but I have my opinions and I'm entitled to speak them, and everyone here is welcome to rebut them. But to call me out as a fan? Give me a break.
Holy shit.

Did not realize you were related to Dorsey.

Be contrarian all you like. God knows every year people line up to blow x or y guy just drafted who doesn't amount to shit, but you've literally put forth nil of an argument against drafting him beyond a gut reactionary viewpoint.

You gotta surpass the, "It's my party & I'll cry if I want to" litmus test at the very least.
Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote