Thread: Home and Auto Handy-Man Corner
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2004, 02:05 PM   #44
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

It is a stabilizer and cleaner. If there is carb buildup/problems, if that doesn't fix it, it has to come apart. Just add it to your gasoline.

Outboards. Yes my man, you have come to the right place.

Fogging helps coat the cylinders. I think it is a good idea in the bigger engines, but we have become lazy and don't do it anymore.

You run the fog through it until the engine stops. This way the cylinders are lubed up real good.

The only thing I don't like about fogging is:

a) there is still gas in the carborator, and
b) there may still be some water in the pump. you don't want that to freeze. make sure you get it drained as well as possible.

As far as your "draining the oil", I am assuming it is an injected motor. I wouldn't worry about it too much, other than looking into the oil resivoir and looking for moisture.
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.