Thread: Movies and TV Netflix: The Witcher
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2021, 02:38 PM   #163
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
I’ve watched shows and movies with captions now for years. It makes it so I can know exactly what they’re saying.

Or it’s because I’m getting older.
Yeah, I think even captioning is getting in on the overall narrative game, or at least the creators are collaborating on complex narratives. Often, even if main characters are speaking clearly, you find out with captioning that crucial little tidbits are being said by people in crowds or offscreen, that you would never catch even with perfect hearing and total attention.

So if I am watching a complex and nuanced show, like say Succession, I default to captions even if I know I'm following most of it and can hear and register most of the central narrative clearly.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.