View Single Post
Old 11-01-2023, 09:25 AM   #36
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Question for the hockey fans, because my buddies have surprised me here.

I trust everyone read about the Adam Johnson death. And I suspect many have seen the video. They're investigating the guy who cut him for possible intent.

I saw that and the twitter uproar, watched the video and immediately said "Oh, this will be a split between non-hockey fans and hockey fans; the hockey fans will understand that wasn't intentional..."

Then all 3 of my more extreme hockey fan buddies say "Man, that guy should go to jail for murder..."

What the hell am I missing here? Look - the guy's a bad player. He's always been a bad player. He's simply not skilled and that's going to make him clumsy. He's leaning forward for the check, half misses and half gets hit, spins down and the inertia brings his leg up. Because again, he's a big dumb oaf.

"Well he has a history of dirty play!" - fellas, stick and elbow work ain't the same as slashing people with your skate blade. Finishing harder into a corner than is strictly necessary isn't the same as trying to maim someone. I don't think anything in his past is relevant here APART from his skill level.

Think of it this way - a professional skiier can be flying down a mountain at 100 mph and lose an edge...and not really get hurt. They know how to fall. Meanwhile some fat ass on the bunny slop can break his ribs trying to get on the rope lift.

This, to me, is an obvious example of a big dumb goon who isn't skilled/agile enough to control his arms/legs as he went down. We see sticks get up from shitty players all the time (or even good players when they get spun around) and I'm surprised that my buddies who are also hockey fans are seeing this as something else than that.

Am I the asshole?
Just saw it and I have know idea what that guy was trying to do , almost looks like he was just trying to interfere with F2 lost his balance then try to react to puck carrier and while off balance tried to takeout puck carrier last second and flailed ( not sure why his leg got that high , could have been trying to stick the leg out to impede ) weird play comes across to me as dumb move by a bad player now whether or not you believe people a be charged for their stupidity is up to you.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.