Thread: Computers Youtube.TV
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2022, 06:34 PM   #141
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy View Post
No network box at all. You get 2 google wi-fi "pucks" for your wireless. One of them acts as the network box and the other is a Mesh access points. There is only one ethernet port on the puck, so I had to get a network switch since I was using all four of my ethernet ports on the network box.

There is only one wi-fi network, the 2.4 and 5.0 are the same with the pucks. Supposedly the puck is advanced enough to decide which band your device needs, but I have found almost all of my devices landed on the 2.4, including my brand new iphone I got a couple of months back. The Mesh improved the signal strength in the house, and my wifi feels about the same as it was with the network box. My fiber jack is in the basement. I have one puck where the network box was in our living room near the TV, and the other one is upstairs in our Master bedroom. Wifi upstairs does connect better than before.

No issues with local channels, other than YouTube's dispute with DIsney a few weeks back. We lost ABC and all of the Disney owned networks for a day while they hammered out a new deal.

I have noticed that Chiefs games run about 5 seconds behind (I only noticed because of the discord chat). The network box was perfectly timed, so I just have to watch myself in the chat to not look ahead.

Cost wise we were at $206 with google---1GB internet, TV, five TV boxes, and the sports package for NFL Redzone. No longer use the TV Boxes, Google gave us 1 Chromecast for each TV box we had. Paying 75 for Youtube TV during football season (extra 10 bucks to get the sports package for NFL Redzone...the rest of the package is crap so I am dropping it once the playoffs start), and our Internet bill is $70, so we are saving around 50 bucks a month. If you want 4k TV, that is 10 bucks extra for Youtube TV, but I did not see the value in paying extra as there is not much 4k TV content out there.

Hopefully that answers your questions!
Thanks. I think we'll start with YouTubeTV in some fashion, I have plenty of switches (I'm a network dude), but I've bought a Digital Antenna to give it a shot. If it works, great, if it doesn't I'll either return it or sell it to my neighbor for his RV.

And thanks again for the feedback.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote