View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 01:54 PM   #935
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mennonite View Post
How would you compare the writing in Solo to what he produced 30 years ago? Where are the memorable lines of dialog? Are there any moments that you will think will become iconic?

Honestly, I actually do think the writing in Solo is better than the rest of the modern SW flicks but that is damning it with faint praise.
As I've stated repeatedly, it's next to impossible to get anyone of any stature to work on Star Wars films, including Speilberg, Zemeckis, Brad Bird, Andrew Stanton and many, many more. Even Irvin Kershner passed on directing Return of the Jedi because absolutely every aspect of Star Wars films will be criticized endlessly. Who wants to deal with that?

That's the real reason why George sold Lucasfilm: He was tired of being told that everything he did was "wrong".

As for Solo, I didn't have any issue with the dialog. IMO, the direction, cinematography and VFX were all top notch. I thought the casting was outstanding although I did think that Donald Glover's portrayal of Lando was too far over the top. He seemed like he was "acting" whereas Billy Dee is just smooth as silk as Lando, whether it's in the films or the animated series.

Since the release of Solo, Disney has put the kibosh on any further Star Wars films and they're working exclusively to develop more TV series for Disney+.

The movies just aren't worth the time and money at this point in time, making it nearly impossible to please the fans, let alone, hiring the most talented directors in the world.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote