View Single Post
Old 04-15-2024, 04:11 PM   #835
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
And my favorite thing to do in any Jordan discussion is to mention Wayne Gretzky.

Gretz, interestingly, is the only guy I think got MORE MVPs than he should have. Just a quick stroll says of his 9 MVPs, he probably should've only won 7 of them. Lemieux got shafted out of one and the one he got as a rookie is pretty iffy but when a kid shows up at 19 and sets the league on its ear, that's gonna turn some heads.

Still seems like Marcel Dionne might've had a better claim to it that year though. And in the prime of his career without having ever won one, I'm surprised they didn't give it to him in such a tight race.

Over 700 career goals and never won an MVP. Most by anyone not to. Now I just feel bad for the guy.
I didn't watch either one of Gretzsky or Lemieux in their primes in the 80s, but I've been told that prime Lemieux easily had an argument as the best player in hockey in those days.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.