View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 10:56 PM   #1629
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post

This is the real truth and it becomes more recognizable with each game this guy plays. The truth that while MJ was missing the playoffs with his own bad supporting casts, LeBron has taken entire teams full of scrubs to the NBA Finals multiple times, the truth that LeBron literally has nothing else to prove in this sport (he already has better regular season and postseason stats, cumulative or rate, than anybody in history and he's not even close to being done), the truth that nobody in the history of basketball has ever played at this level before so regularly and so consistently, and the truth that by the time he's done LeBron will have absolutely shattered every record in the NBA books.

The Cavs could very well lose on Sunday (or against the Warriors/Rockets) but it doesn't matter anymore. LeBron has already passed MJ and he's not even close to being done. It's all gravy at this point. The fact that this is slowly being recognized collectively and will only become more obvious over the next few years is no doubt a fact that pains you and others like you.
Sorry, what? MJ was missing playoffs? That's complete news to me. Marino shattered every passing record. Peyton shattered every record in the new generation. Would anyone take Marino over Montana? Peyton over Brady? Hell no. Lebron is going to shatter records. His longevity is simply stunning. Anyone who doesn't put him as a clear top 5 player (I have him as a clear #2), is batshit crazy. But in their prime, if you had to give me one player: MJ or Lebron... I'd take MJ every day of the week.

MJ was coachable. MJ didn't bully his front office into horrendous personnel decisions. Much as iso ball works because of Lebron's greatness, it's also a limitation to his coach & supporting cast. And clutch as Lebron may be, nobody did and ever will take over games at will the way MJ did. Lebron the past few years has clearly cemented himself as the #2 player of all time. But those intangibles make him a clear distance away from GOAT.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.