View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 10:15 AM   #129
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Yeah - far better to give it to the guy that's failed about 3/4 of the time he's been given plenary authority over a defense over the last decade.

I mean everyone has excuses. ****, you can make excuses for Sutton if you want to. And I'm sure people will be here next season making excuses for Spagnuolo as well.

This is the time that the Chiefs should be making bold moves designed to push through the ceiling. They actually have an offense that can help the young up and comer while he gets his feet under him and takes command of that side of the ball over the course of a season. Shit, they carried the defense to the #1 seed this year.

The key is to have a cohesive unit by the post-season and I think a young guy would've had plenty of time to do so. Instead we're just recycling Reid's cronies.

Folks - this is the shit that proved his undoing in Philadelphia. I think Andy's one of the 10 best coaches of all time but goddammit we cannot lose another playoff game because the DC got his job out of misplaced loyalty and/or simple familiarity.

There are BETTER guys out there than Spaguolo. And if we take a chance on a guy who hasn't done it before (or not at this level) you're right that it's possible we won't actually get one of them. But if we don't take the chance, this product of his own press clippings is gonna be the same fungible asshole with a headset we've seen on the sidelines before.

You know who he is? He's just another Gunther. It took multiple failures, included failed HC stints, for people to realize that he was a nothing; just a product of Derrick Thomas and Neil Smith. But he yelled a lot on the sidelines and blitzed some so people just assumed he was a genius. Well we're at about the same point in the Steve Spagnuolo career arc. Let's just get him some yellow sunglasses and we should be good to go.
Maybe on a lot of it. Probably on some.

There are definitely better guys out there, but how many are actually available or an option?

Also, what DC hasn't been a product of having great players?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.