View Single Post
Old 04-06-2024, 01:34 PM   #149
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
He was a 21 year old rookie on the best defense in the league. It was clearly a RS year for a guy that is the complete opposite of a guy like Karlaftis.

You get two types of players at valuable positions like DE picking at the end of round 1. You get a high floor prospect that can contribute right away like Karlaftis, or you get a guy that has the more coveted traits, but needs development.

Just look at all the edge rushers drafted in that rant last year. It doesn't matter whether it's FAU, Nolan Smith, or Myles Murphy. That's typically what you get when you take a big swing on an edge at the end of the 1st.

This is why I laughed at your belief that if the Chiefs draft a LT at 32, you expect a day 1 starter. You have no idea how any of this works, and therefor, your expectations are on the unrealistic side.

OT is one of those positions like DE, if they're a guaranteed day 1 starter, they aren't making it to pick 32.

Now if he's inactive week 1, or when/if Omenihu comes back, it's fair to be frustrated with his development. The problem is that you're so eager to jump to that that you're making assumptions based on a contact for a guy that has always been more of a rotational guy for us, and the money reflects that (albeit a high quality one).
I agree with this which is why I wouldn't want to spend a 1st round pick on a guy that plays tackle that is not expected to start.

2nd round is where I would look at drafting a guy you think is close not quite ready, but has incredible talent and measurable.

Normally you want a 2nd round pick to start but because of the value of LT and how expensive they are when they can play I would be fine with a 2nd round spent this way.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.