View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 10:25 PM   #58
Veteran

Later in the day, I got some news I didn't care for so much. My CEA went up a little bit, to 6.1 from 5.3 and it was 6.3 the time before last when it was checked. I want that number to hit ZERO.ZERO, blast it! The nurse said it was not a big deal and I think it may be why I passed some blood again at times the past week. My cold sensitivity is pretty bad this time, too. As soon as my fingers get a little cold, BAM, there it goes. I couldn't type when I got home because it felt like I was pressing my fingers on one of those little ball-shaped cacti with the fine needles. Both hands even felt asleep when my fingers got cold and that is new, as before it has just been in the fingertips. So, the doc was right to get me off the oxaliplatin before permanent nerve damage occurs. It would make me truly disabled if my hands and fingers felt like that all the time.

On the bright side, I had my favorite nurse, Amanda, bringing me chemo bags today. I like her!

I almost forgot... I asked my doc about the CEA numbers and if I was nearly dead in September when it was 88.5 and she said no, she has seen numbers in the thousands before. Holy crap. Here I was thinking with 88.5, I was neck deep in the grave back then!
Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.