View Single Post
Old 05-21-2020, 05:44 PM   #21
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
I'm not up on current NFL contract rules. Are they allowed to negotiate through he season? If they are, I can see an announcement sometime late November/early December of a new contract for some reason.
Mahomes is under the Chiefs control until approximately March 15th, 2022 which at that point, they'll need to either place the Franchise Tag on him or allow him to hit Free Agency.

He's currently under contract for $5.3 million in 2020 and since he's earned two Pro Bowl berths in his first three seasons, he'll be paid the average of the Top 5 QB's for his 5th season, which will equal the Franchise Tag number for 2021.

If he's Franchised for the 2022 season, the Chiefs are allowed to negotiate a new contract with him until July 15th, 2022.

That said, I seriously doubt that either side will allow the negotiations to continue for the next 2 years.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.