View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 04:16 PM   #9
BAMF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayze View Post
I couldn't tell you the last time I went to see a movie in a theater. The last one that I definitely remember is "The Departed". I know there's been another since then because I remember leaving our current residence to go see it (and we've only been in this place 6 years).....but I can't for the life of me remember what movie it was.

I usually grab them off Red Box.
Netflix pretty much blows in terms of recent theater movies, IMO. but good for documentaries, comedy specials, shows, Netflix Originals etc.

we used to have all the movie channels on our DTV, but they too began to suck out loud. 2 years ago we downgraded to only HBO, and we're thinking of dropping that as well. Same old movies; never seems like there's anything 'new' per se. I'm sure there are, it just doesn't seem like it.

I won't say I'll never go to a theater again, but man....I haven't seen anything advertised that made me think "man, I gotta go see this". Sad. I used to love going - but price vs. quality of movie has been out of whack for me for quite a while.
There is a thread on this, but consider getting moviepass. Drop HBO and use that money to get two moviepasses. It should be nearly the exact same cost overall. You can see a movie a day for $9 a month. It is fantastic. I've been going to the theater to watch films I normally wouldn't spend money on and to watch rereleases of older films like Jaws or Alien. You can use moviepass and still get rewards on your theater's loyalty program as well, which means every couple of films you see, you get some free popcorn and drinks.
bowener has disabled reputation