View Single Post
Old 07-09-2016, 05:09 PM   #149
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
Have you had to add charcoal and wood during a long smoke on your PBC? If so, how difficult is it? I didn't see an access door in any of the videos I've watched.

I'm seriously considering buying one and selling my large Yoder offset smoker. It's just too damn big to move around and takes up a lot of room on my patio.

No. Longest smoke so far has been 6 hours. That was probably my second or third smoke, and that one kept an air probe in it the entire time - held steady between 305 and 314.

They say a full load of charcoal will burn for 8 hours. They don't recommend using wood at all, but I've worked my way to about 60:40 charcoal to wood, and the results have been great. Obviously, that will raise the temp some.

Since you're cooking hotter and faster, nothing you'd typically smoke would take more than 8 hours.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.